Due to the rise in obesity in North America and around the world being able to manage your weight has become increasingly important. People are developing cardiovascular issues sooner in life than ever before.
This includes heart disease, stroke, and diabetes among other issues. Using supplements like Garcinia Cambogia can, when used correctly, alleviate some problems with your system, help you stick to a healthy diet, and help you lose weight.
WHAT IS IT?
Garcinia Cambogia along with its extract HCA (Hydroxycitric Acid) is found in the Garcinia family of plants that are native to South Asia, India and Africa. It is a small tropical tree fruit that is shaped like a pumpkin. They taste sweet and citrusy, kind of like an orange or lemon. HCA is thought to help suppress appetite, improve the mood and helps prevent carbohydrates from converting into fat.
WHY SHOULD I USE IT?
You have to remember that any supplement that you take is really just a tool to help you achieve your goals. It’s not going to work to take this supplement and continue eating like you want to eat. You need to take it along with changing your diet and exercise regimen.
• Weight Loss – Some studies show that due to slowing the conversion of carbohydrate into fat it will aid in weight loss. Plus, that taking the supplement along with diet and exercise improves results over not taking it.
• Appetite Suppressant – Many users report feeling an appetite suppressant effect when taking Garcinia Cambogia and this may be why people experience weight loss. They’re simply eating less than they would if they did not take it.
• Mood Enhancer – Some studies have shown that taking Garcinia Cambogia helps users experience better moods due to the serotonin release that users sometimes achieve with this supplement. Be careful about taking this if you’re already on any other supplement or medication for mood disorders such as depression.
• Cholesterol Control – Taking this supplement has shown that it helps improve triglyceride levels but doesn’t do anything to help with HDL or LDL levels. HDL is the “good” cholesterol and LDL is the “bad” cholesterol. Some people can have low numbers but high triglycerides which can be an indicator of potential heart problems.
• Balance Blood Sugar – In some studies there have been some outcomes that showed it lowered blood sugar in some people. The dose that seems to be effective with this is 500 mg of HCA which can sometimes be hard to get.
• Joint Pain – Some people report that it helps with joint pain for people who have arthritis or fibromyalgia.
• Worms & Parasites – There are some indications that taking Garcinia Cambogia can help rid the body organisms that will affect your health.
In most cases, along with a healthy diet, Garcinia Cambogia will help you with all of these problems without side effects. However, some people report problems with their stomach such as diarrhea which is why sometimes they use it to treat constipation.
It’s not safe to take this if you’re taking medications and should always check with your doctor especially if you’re taking nitrates. In addition, don’t take it if you’re nursing or are pregnant.
WHERE CAN I BUY IT?
You can actually buy Garcinia Cambogia at any vitamin shop, and even at Walmart and Target. Due to its popularity, it’s not difficult to find. However, like most products the quality will differentiate it. You can also order it online from various companies including Amazon.com.
Types of Garcinia Cambogia to Avoid
There are some supplements you can buy that claim to have Garcinia Cambogia and HCA but it’s just a trace. Ensure that the supplement you buy has more than 50% HCA, offers potassium as it helps with absorption, and the right type of calcium. Calcium orotate is the best type of calcium that is best for preventing osteoporosis, muscle cramps, body pain, bone health, teeth health and more.
TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE RIGHT GARCINIA CAMBOGIA
Like most products, the quality will vary. Since the vitamin industry is largely unregulated, at least in North America, it’s imperative that you develop some knowledge about how much Garcinia Cambogia you need to take, and which companies have quality products.
• Read the Ingredients – As with most products that you ingest or put on your skin you want to ensure that it has non-GMO ingredients and fewer unnecessary additives. If you don’t know why an additive is there, ask or find out. Many are completely unnecessary.
• Talk to Your Doctor – Even though it can be daunting, it’s important to talk to your doctor if you’re already on medications or supplements to ensure that there is no interacting between what you’re already taking and Garcinia Cambogia.
• Watch The Packaging – You have to read labels carefully and look at the packing too. Some supplements can be tricky in that you might pay 40 dollars for only a week’s worth of supplements. Read dosage instructions, you don’t want to have to take 12 pills a day.
In general you want your Garcinia Cambogia supplement to have:
• 60% HCA – Fat inhibiter.
• Garcinia Cambogia Extract – From the actual plant.
• Chromium – Provides energy and helps with blood sugar.
• Potassium – Helps keep your body balanced as losing weight can put our potassium levels out of kilter.
• Calcium – Everyone needs calcium for your bones, but also to burn fat and prevent cardiovascular disease.
• Gelatin – This is usually only in the pill casing, if you’re not vegan it’s fine. But if you are vegan it should not have this ingredient in it.
There is no reason to have any other ingredients unless they’re more supplements and vitamins but, no reason for any type of fillers in the supplement.
FIND A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Another thing you need to do when you buy any type of supplements is to check out the company you’re buying them from. Some companies have good reputations and some do not. Go by the mantra that “you get what you pay for” for the most part because sometimes that’s not true.
• Independent Testing – Each reputable company usually allows for independent testing and will actually include those test results if you ask them in literature that they send to you. You can also look at Consumerlab.com to find out how any vitamin is testing.
• One Bad Apple – In some cases in any one company, you may have some good picks and some bad ones. One bad vitamin testing result doesn’t mean that every vitamin they make is bad. Always look at the testing results to determine the best one to take and check back often.
• Certification – Check the packaging for various certifications. While not always an indicator of quality since that varies from year to year and even month to month it is a good indication that the company cares about its products. Look for certification from UPS.org and others. Take the time to look up the certifying entity as well to learn more.
Finding a good company to buy vitamins from is important so that you get the most value. In many cases, Walmart and Costco brands are the same or better than name brands at half the cost.
WEIGHT LOSS TIPS & TRICKS WHEN USING GARCINIA CAMBOGIA
If you want to get healthy, look better and feel better then you will need to consider your lifestyle. You need to eat right, exercise and when needed take supplements to help fill in the gaps of nutrition.
Regardless of how you cut it, this is a journey that you can do but you need to be firm in your commitments to yourself because taking a supplement alone is not going to help you achieve the results you want. It will help make the hard work you do more effective, but it won’t be a substitute for hard work.
Ensure That You Are Ready for Change
Many people seek easy ways to get healthy and lose weight. They want that quick fix. Even people who get weight loss surgery often think that horrible operation is going to be easier than doing what they should which is to eat right and exercise.
Then they find out that wasn’t the case. Operations hurt. You can’t eat more than what fits inside a shot glass after the surgery, and there are health problems later due to poor vitamin absorption. That’s why you need to be ready for change no matter how you plan to reach your goals.
You’re going to have to eat right and exercise. It doesn’t matter if you’re going to get weight loss surgery, take a supplement, or think positively the fact is you have to eat right and exercise to be healthy. So, be ready for that fact.
Set Goals That Work
You’ve likely heard before that to achieve great results you first need a goal. In addition, the goal needs to be SMART. This stands for specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely. For example, instead of saying “I want to get healthy and lose weight.” You might want to say that you want to “lower my cholesterol under 200 and lose 20 pounds in 10 weeks.” This type of goal gives you something to measure and it’s realistic to boot.
Get Support from Others
Talk to friends who want to do it with you, or join an online support group. There are a lot of online groups on Facebook that are also private. Some are even closed so you wouldn’t even know about them unless you ask people or someone you know invites you. You can do a search on Facebook for open groups that accept members. Support will help you stick to your goals by offering accountability.
Track Your Results
Either by using your doctor or by just using your own tools such as a scale and a measuring tape you can track many of your results from home. As far as blood tests go, talk to your doctor about what you want to achieve, and how you plan to achieve it. You can go back and get a blood test later or you can use an independent lab like Walk-In-Lab, where you do not need a doctor to order the tests. Often they are less expensive than what you pay with insurance too.
Pick the Right Diet for Your Goals
If you need to lose weight a calorie conscious diet may work for you. However, if you have other health issues you might want to look into a diet just for that issue. For example, if you have high cholesterol, you may want to try a low-fat plant-based diet in conjunction with taking Garcinia Cambogia. No matter what anyone says, there are different diets for different problems and you know yourself best.
Even if you don’t need to lose weight moving helps with cardiovascular health, lowers blood sugar, increases good cholesterol and more. But, it also helps you burn more calories even long after you’ve exercised. It’s really important to get moving if you have a sedentary job or sit a lot. Even moving ten minutes every couple of hours can be beneficial so it doesn’t have to be an all-out sweaty exercise.
When you do a good job, give yourself a non-food based reward. For example, some people buy new clothing for every 20 pounds lost. Or, they might treat themselves to a massage when their cholesterol goes down by 20 points. Whatever makes you feel good is what you should do to reward yourself. Don’t do what other people think is great, do what you think is great and make a big deal about it.
Take the Right Supplement
Taking supplements now and then and not on a regular basis isn’t going to help. If you want to see if a supplement works for you, take it for at least six to eight weeks. That way you can be sure it works or doesn’t work. If you can commit to change for six to eight weeks, after that you’ll be able to do it without thinking.
Take the Right Dose
With supplements like Garcinia Cambogia, the dosing amount is different depending on why you’re taking it, your age, weight and general health. The best thing to do is go by package instructions in order to be safe. And, as normal always ask your health care provider if you’re unsure or have specific health issues.
Of course, any health regimen would not be complete without being reminded to drink water. Water is life. Drinking enough water each day for your needs will help your digestion enormously. It will really help any vitamins you take dissolve better and work better. It’s going to help you feel less tired, digest your food better and more.
When you add all this together you can see that a supplement alone isn’t going to give you the results you want. But, it can help. You have to be sure that you want to do it, commit to doing it, do it correctly and then measure your results periodically.
AFFILIATE PROGRAMS FOR GARCINIA CAMBOGIA
If you want to earn money promoting Garcinia Cambogia now that you realize it’ll be helpful you can spread the love and make a little more money.
• MarketHealth Affiliate Network – This network is great for helping you find health-related products to promote on your blog or website. They have Garcinia Cambogia too.
• Affplus.com – You can find a lot of different types of Garcinia Cambogia to market on this affiliate network.
• Amazon.com – Of course, you know that you can buy and sell anything on Amazon.com. Therefore, if you want to promote various vitamins including Garcinia Cambogia you can easily do that via Amazon’s affiliate program.
• Walmart – they also have an affiliate program and is great for promoting other products as well. A great alternative if you cannot promote Amazon products.
Using Garcinia Cambogia along with diet and exercise can do wonders for your health. Talking about your experiences, and then marketing Garcinia Cambogia with the affiliate programs mentioned can do wonders for your bank account too.